Presentation Topics by Sandy Addis
Note: The following topics are adaptable to time formats ranging from 45-minute general sessions to 3+ hour participatory workshops. Each of these presentations is typically customized to fit specific audiences and participant groups and to include locally-relevant data, examples, and activities.
- Dropout Prevention: Where Are We? What Have We Learned? What Works?
- Leading Graduation Rate Improvement in Your School System and Community
- The Local School Board’s Role in Improving Graduation Rates
- Applying Effective Strategy Research in the Local Context to Improve Graduation Rates
- Lessons Learned from Schools and Districts that Have Improved Graduation Rates
- “We’re Working So Hard. Why Aren’t Our Graduation Rated Improving?”
- Achieving Maximum Results from Alternative Schools and Programs
- Using Professional Development to Improve Graduation Rates
- Strategies for School Reentry and Dropout Recovery
- Leadership Strategies for Improving Graduation Rates
- Leveraging the Community to Improve Graduation Rates
- Engaging Families to Improve Graduation Rates
- Improving Graduation Rates in the Rural Context
- Implementing a Graduation Coach Program for Improved Graduation Rates
- Policy and Procedural Considerations for Graduation Rate Improvement
- Improving Graduation Rates Among (a specific sub-group or population)
- Students of color
- Students with disabilities
- Immigrant youth
- Economically disadvantaged students
To discuss of schedule speeches, presentations, or workshops by Dr. Sandy Addis or other staff members of the National Dropout Prevention Center, call or email Annette Bassett at firstname.lastname@example.org or 864-642-6372.