From the Covid pandemic to racial unrest and economic uncertainty, our at-risk students have been directly impacted by the events of the last 18 months. The number of at-risk students has increased, and the needs of those students have become more complex. Creating systemic approaches to meet those needs and create opportunities for success has never been more important.
The National Dropout Prevention Center (NDPC) will host the At-Risk Youth National Forum to highlight research-driven and practice-proven approaches to supporting our At-Risk students. This three-day national gathering will provide participants with specific actions and strategies to include:
- Research on effective strategies for dropout prevention
- Building systemic focus and actions to support at-risk students
- Techniques to increase school engagement and graduation rates
- Learning from innovative and successful schools across the country
- Overview of the Trauma-Skilled Schools™ Model
Attendees that are working towards Certification as a Dropout-Prevention Specialist will have the opportunity to earn credit towards their certification path.