With school shutdowns and re-openings, alternative schools will become more important providing the opportunity for leaders to virtually reassess those programs to achieve maximum effectiveness. The National Dropout Prevention Center (NDPC) now offers a Virtual Program Assessment (VPA) of alternative schools and programs. The NDPC Virtual Program Assessment provides expert analysis, consultation, and direction for the local school system to improve alternative programs at a lower cost than through an on-site Program Assessment and Review (PAR). The Virtual Program Assessment process consists of the following steps:
- Pre-visit consultation and planning with system and school leaders
- Pre-visit collection of data and contextual information
- Online pre-visit survey of program staff, leaders, and designated stakeholders on perceptions and activities relative to Focus Areas of Improvement
- Analysis of data and survey findings by NDPC alternative school consultant
- Virtual interviews with selected leaders to refine conclusions from online surveys
- Development of draft VPA Report to address findings, areas for further investigation, recommendations, and next steps
- Review of draft VPA Report with system leadership
- Delivery of VPA Report to address findings, areas for further investigation, recommendations, resources, and suggested next steps.
The Virtual Program Assessment joins the NDPC’s longstanding on-site Program Assessment and Review (PAR) for alternative schools and programs which is also conducted by a team of NDPC alternative education experts.
Contact Todd Daggett at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your school’s or district’s need for a Virtual Program Assessment or an on-site Program Assessment and Review for alternative schools and programs or email the National Dropout Prevention Center at email@example.com.